On Monday I shared some tips on how to plan a romantic Valentine’s dinner for two. Today, I thought it would be a good idea to share something a little more kid friendly. How about a fun breakfast?
We don’t have kids yet, and to be honest, Mommy and I never did this kind of thing when I was a kid. However, as an adult we did do some fun things from time to time. One of them included having ice cream for breakfast. Do I think that’s a good idea? Absolutely! If it’s a special occasion. Does Valentine’s Day count? Yep…with sprinkles. However, if you want to do something more reasonable here are a few things that I found that were SUPER cute.
1) This heart shaped variation of “egg in the hole” is adorable. And can be done very easily. Check out One Charming Party for the full instructions.
2) On one of our frequent trips to Ikea, I was excited to find out that they sell milk jugs. They actually call it a vase, but I know better. I actually had a project in mind, but the small ones would be perfect for serving up strawberry milk. A few simple decorations will make it extra special. No cooking required.
3) It is my firm belief that you cannot go wrong with fresh fruit. Just use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut it into “love”ly shapes and put it on a skewer, or in this case a popsicle stick. The heart shaped plate is nice, but definitely not a requirement. Serve with a side of yogurt for dipping. Add sprinkles, because it’s a special occasion.
These next two are my favorites and if I wasn’t doing dinner, I’d give this a try for a breakfast in bed.
4) It seems like everything is getting the red velvet treatment…ice cream, chicken, and brownies…and I think we’re all okay with this. So when I saw these yummy red heart shaped pancakes by WhipperBerry, I thought they would be perfect for this list. She even includes a recipe for buttermilk syrup. Not sure what that would taste like, but I’m curious. You could also try them with a cream cheese glaze to keep it more traditional.
5) The Paper Mama shares her budget friendly Valentine’s go to item…Heart shaped bacon!! It’s like love shaped, love flavored love. To kick it up a notch, as if that’s really necessary, she suggests dipping it in chocolate. I’d suggest candied bacon. Either way, it’s still bacon and that’s more than enough.
If this seems like too much, you could always do the ice cream thing. Your kids will love you for it. Check out my pinterest board for more lovey dove-y Valentine’s edibles and creative ways to show you care.